How to Volunteer
The VVMTA relies on a small army of locals dedicated to soft surface trails in the Vail Valley. Without these incredible volunteers the VVMTA would not exist. Every volunteer hour contributed has a measurable positive impact, so get on board to help us build and maintain your favorite trail!
The VVMTA Trail Crew meets everyone Wednesday night starting in late May until late September.
- Wednesday nights – May through September – 5:30pm – Dusk
- Location is TBD but will be shared through our newsletter, on our event calendar, and our social media pages
- Wear closed toe shoes, gloves, sunscreen, sunglasses, and long pants
- Bring water and a snack – food & beverages normally provided post trail work!
- Open to all: men, women, kids, dogs, etc…the more the merrier!
- Never dug trail? No worry, we are trained trail crew leaders and will give you lessons and tutorials!
Our trail crew nights are a great way to give back to our community trails, meet new people, get a workout, and have fun all at the same time. Any questions please send us an e-mail: email@example.com
Adopt A Trail
Want to help maintain our trails and can’t make Wednesday nights work? We’d be happy to connect you with one of our AAT Teams to join them on their trail work days. You can find the list of organizations and trails adopted on our AAT page. To get connected please e-mail our Adopt A Trail Coordinator, Michelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in the Spring of 2018, the Trail Ambassador program is a great way to volunteer without the heavy lifting of trail work.
In an effort to mitigate our declining wildlife population, the program was launched to educate and inform trail users as to why seasonal closures exist, offer education about local flora and fauna, and spread the ‘Leave No Trace” principles. There are options to be a Field Ambassador or Social Ambassador through the program:
- Field Ambassadors – Primary focus is on winter and spring trail closures. They will be present at trailhead closure gates to offer gentle reminders about why we have seasonal closures. They are also welcome to be active in the summer on any AAT trail when they are open to help educate people about leave no trace principles.
- Social Ambassadors – Are active within the community visiting businesses, clubs, and groups to spread awareness about our sensitive ecology and human impacts.
For a full description of the volunteer opportunities please follow this link. You can find the 2018 Ambassador Review to read about the successes of the program last year. To learn more and sign-up please contact our Adopt A Trail Coordinator, Michelle, at email@example.com
Are you looking for a way to give back to our community’s trails? Contact us to create a customized trail work day with the VVMTA. We will provide tools, training, leadership, and a project/trail that meets your needs. Projects could include:
- Typically minimum of 2 hours to maximum of 6 hours
- Teams can be as small as 6 and up to 150
Trail work days are social events, fun, a great way to exercise, and great for team building. Please reach out to Ernest at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Other Volunteer Committees
More info to come soon…