Development & Engagement Manager
The Vail Valley Mountain Trails Alliance (VVMTA) is excited to offer a full-time Development & Engagement Manager (DEM) position to expand our reach and impact for our community. We are looking for an experienced fundraising professional to join our team and lead the evolution of VVMTA’s development efforts. This position requires a strong connection to and passion for our community, stewardship of our trails and public lands, and the positive impacts that outdoor recreation brings to our lives.
The DEM will be responsible for all fundraising, development, and engagement activities for the VVMTA. Working closely with the Executive Director, the DEM will work to secure financial contributions from individuals, foundations, and businesses to expand VVMTA’s donor base to ensure long-term fiscal sustainability for the organization.
The DEM will create, manage, and execute a strategic development plan that identifies, cultivates, and stewards existing and prospective donors. The DEM will also work closely with the Executive Director to develop a strategic communications plan that showcases our programs, projects, initiatives and tells our story.
This is a new position within the VVMTA, and the DEM will have the opportunity to grow within the organization. The DEM will bring their own experience and creativity to establish development and communications plans to expand VVMTA’s fundraising efforts and community engagement.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create, execute, and manage a comprehensive and strategic development plan
- Proactively identify and secure donations from existing and new individual and corporate donors
- Create donor engagement events including but not limited to an annual trails fundraiser, membership drive, annual spring kick-off event, and end of year thank you event
- Manage all aspects of CRM including database system management and reporting
- Develop written and visual content for fundraising assets and communications including the end of year giving appeals, membership, marketing & fundraising materials
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create, execute, and manage a strategic communications plan which includes but not limited to social media, newsletters, written and verbal communications, website, and more
- Develop and manage donor relations, donor stewardship, and other fundraising administration activities
- Oversee appeals for sponsorships and community partnerships including creating sponsorship packets, support materials, fulfillment of benefits, and other collateral materials
- Participate as an active member of the community with key groups and attend community events such as chambers, networking events, social events, hike/bike events & races, and more
Experience and qualifications include but not limited to:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with demonstrated success in a nonprofit fundraising role
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, team player, and a self-directed entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for our community, trails, stewardship, and the importance of a balance between recreation and conservation
- A proven storyteller that can effectively communicate our impact and successes
- Proven success at creating and implementing fundraising campaigns and events
- Proven success at securing new corporate partners and donors
- Proven success at developing a strategic development plan
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing communications strategies
- Highly collaborative with experience working with internal stakeholders and community partners
- Strategic thinker, who can leverage community resources, partners, and opportunities to execute projects and overcome obstacles
- Strong connections and relationships within the Eagle County community
- Creativity around crafting donor relationships, with a unique ability to develop relationships through outdoor recreation
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Experience creating marketing, outreach, and communication materials such as but not limited to informational brochures, annual reports, and newsletters
Interested? Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com